Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United return to action with trip to Southend Manor
- Credit: Archant
Imrul Gazi’s team will be full of confidence after winning last time out away to Hackney Wick
Sporting Bengal United head to Southend Manor looking to build on their first Essex Senior League win of the season last week.
Imrul Gazi’s team defeated Hackney Wick 2-0 at the Old Spotted Dog on Wednesday (August 16) night.
Oscar Mendes opened the scoring before Shiblu Miah wrapped up the victory to get Bengal off the mark.
The only problem for the east Londoners was they had to wait a whole 10 days before playing again due to their early FA Cup exit.
You may also want to watch:
Bengal will travel to the Arena on Saturday full of confidence and then host Sawbridgeworth Town at the Mile End Stadium on Wednesday (August 30).
Gazi will be looking for another strong performance from his team after praising their display during the victory over Wick.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
“It felt great to pick up our first win of the campaign,” said the Bengal boss. “With no game for another 10 days, it was crucial for moral and was a solid team performance.”