Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United ready for busy spell
- Credit: Archant
Imrul Gazi’s team host West Essex just days after drawing 2-2 with Takeley and visit Enfield on Monday night
Sporting Bengal United’s long run without an Essex Senior League game came to an end this week and they are now bracing themselves for a busy period.
Imrul Gazi’s team hosted Takeley on Wednesday night at the Mile End Stadium and claimed a 2-2 draw with Steve Carvell and Oscar Mendes on target.
It was Bengal’s first competitive match since losing 5-1 at Basildon United on November 4 – two-and-a-half weeks ago.
The lengthy period of time without a fixture has seen the east Londoners slide down the table having been in the top half for most of the early part of the season.
You may also want to watch:
After going so long without a game, Bengal are now ready for a busy end to the month with Gazi’s side set to entertain West Essex this weekend.
Then on Monday they’ll make the trip up the M11 to play Enfield at their Barrow Farm venue in Harlow.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
It is a crucial period for Bengal and with relegation coming into play this season, they’ll be determined to start moving up the table again.