Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal win and Ilford fall short
- Credit: Archant
Eaia Embalo inspired Sporting Bengal to a 4-2 win against Sawbridgeworth Town as he scored four at the Mile End Stadium last night.
The visitors took a 1-0 lead, but it didn’t last long as Bengal soon equalised and went in at half-time even, before extending the score to a 3-1.
Sawbridgeworth nabbed one back to make it 3-2, but it was Embalo who put the nail in the coffin to seal his side’s third victory of the season.
Fellow Essex Senior League outfit Ilford fell short and suffered a close 2-1 defeat to league favourites FC Romania.
The Foxes took an early lead through Khadean Campbell who slotted home a header off a corner in the early stages of the game.
You may also want to watch:
FC Romania equalised as they converted with a penalty and eventually went on to nick the winner.
Sporting Bengal: Cameron, Choudhury, Choudhury, Embalo, Kobia, Mendes, Murray-Bruce, Salih, Siddik, Tandon, Tarwali
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
Subs: Miah, Sabino and Udi Ba.