Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal win and Ilford fall short
- Credit: Archant
Eaia Embalo inspired Sporting Bengal to a 4-2 win against Sawbridgeworth Town as he scored four at the Mile End Stadium last night.
The visitors took a 1-0 lead, but it didn’t last long as Bengal soon equalised and went in at half-time even, before extending the score to a 3-1.
Sawbridgeworth nabbed one back to make it 3-2, but it was Embalo who put the nail in the coffin to seal his side’s third victory of the season.
Fellow Essex Senior League outfit Ilford fell short and suffered a close 2-1 defeat to league favourites FC Romania.
The Foxes took an early lead through Khadean Campbell who slotted home a header off a corner in the early stages of the game.
You may also want to watch:
FC Romania equalised as they converted with a penalty and eventually went on to nick the winner.
Sporting Bengal: Cameron, Choudhury, Choudhury, Embalo, Kobia, Mendes, Murray-Bruce, Salih, Siddik, Tandon, Tarwali
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
Subs: Miah, Sabino and Udi Ba.