Essex Senior League suspend upcoming fixtures due to latest coronavirus update
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Essex Senior League has revealed that it will be suspending matches for the next 14 days following the government’s new measures.
The league has decided to postpone all football as well as the League Secretaries meeting this Thursday - with a review as and when the FA and Government advise.
An FA statement said: “Following the Government’s announcement today, for people to avoid social contact and gatherings where possible, we are now advising that all grassroots football in England is postponed for the foreseeable future.
“Throughout this period, we have taken Government advice with the priority being the health and wellbeing of all.
“We will continue to work closely with the grassroots game during this time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are in regular communication with the Government and the situation within English football at all levels remains under regular review.”
It is not sure as of yet when they will return to league action and how the postponements will affect the current season.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start