Essex Senior League suspend upcoming fixtures due to latest coronavirus update
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Essex Senior League has revealed that it will be suspending matches for the next 14 days following the government’s new measures.
The league has decided to postpone all football as well as the League Secretaries meeting this Thursday - with a review as and when the FA and Government advise.
An FA statement said: “Following the Government’s announcement today, for people to avoid social contact and gatherings where possible, we are now advising that all grassroots football in England is postponed for the foreseeable future.
“Throughout this period, we have taken Government advice with the priority being the health and wellbeing of all.
“We will continue to work closely with the grassroots game during this time.
“We are in regular communication with the Government and the situation within English football at all levels remains under regular review.”
It is not sure as of yet when they will return to league action and how the postponements will affect the current season.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
- 9 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point