Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets 1 Southend Manor 0
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tower Hamlets moved back up to seventh in the Essex Senior League as they nicked a 1-0 victory against Southend Manor last night.
A second-half strike from Shunsake Susaki sealed the three points for AJ Ashanike’s men at the Mile End Stadium.
The match was delayed 15 minutes due to referee getting injured in warm up and a replacement had to be arranged - thankfully a league official was in the stands ready to watch the match.
After the eventual start both sides couldn’t find a way through in the early stages and it was 0-0 going into the half-time break.
The hosts broke the deadlock on the hour mark against a run of play when Manor failed to clear their lines, defender Jon Watson set up Susaki, who slotted the ball home to make it 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
They managed to hold on for the final 30 minutes and seal the victory.
Tower Hamlets: Pellin, Sinclair, Watson, Simpson, Anthony, Odedoyin, Matthews, Tackie, Susaki, Kalonda, With.
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 4 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 7 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 8 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
Subs: Pond, Ross, Jairette, McCarthy, McLeavy.