Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets bag victory while Sporting Bengal suffer heavy defeat
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets began 2018 with a terrific 3-0 home win over Enfield at Mile End Stadium. Wale Odedoyin put his side ahead after just three minutes before a late double from James Ross sealed the three points for Ade Abayomi and AJ Ashanike’s men.
New signing and former Clapton captain Jerry Jairette put in a man of the match performance on his debut as Hamlets maintained their eighth place spot in the Essex Senior League.
Local rivals Sporting Bengal United didn’t have such luck as they fell to a heavy 4-1 defeat away to Sawbridgeworth Town.
A great second half performance from the Robins saw them see off Bengal and pick up the three points at Crofters.
Toby Cleaver converted a 43rd minute spot kick to put his side on their way, and although Sporting levelled with a good passing move, the hosts were back in front courtesy of an Aaron Thomas belter.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Cleaver then added another to make it three for the hosts before Billy Skinner chipped over the visitor’s keeper to seal a welcome win for the hosts.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window