Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets boss Ade Abayomi believes Barking are one of the title favourites
- Credit: Archant
Hamlets boss believes Saturday’s opponents will figure near the top of the table
Tower Hamlets manager Ade Abayomi is bracing himself for a tough test against Essex Senior League title hopefuls Barking at Mile End Stadium on Saturday.
Hamlets entertain the Blues, who have started the season in fine form with only one loss from their first five games in the league.
But even if the Mayesbrook Park club had not enjoyed such a good start, Abayomi knows they still would be difficult opposition.
“I’m not looking at how the other teams are doing at this stage because you already know those who have the good players and the finances to go up,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“If we can play to our full ability and have a good work rate, then I know we will give ourselves a good chance to win.”
Hamlets will have to watch James Peagram after he hit four for Barking against Hullbridge Sports on Monday.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
But Abayomi knows most teams who want to be at the top of the table challenging for honours possess those talents.
He added: “Peagram is a dangerous player for them, but expectations at clubs like Barking are high because they want to go up.
“These clubs have ambitions to play in the Ryman League, so everyone at the club knows they have to put it in.
“It will be a test of our quality and our organisation, but it is one I am looking forward to.”
n Tower Hamlets were due to face Sporting Bengal last night.