Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets edge Hackney Wick and Sporting Bengal United win
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets edged themselves back on track with a 3-2 victory against local rivals Hackney Wick under the Friday night lights.
Hamlets are up to seventh in the Essex Senior League after finally seeing off a stubborn Wick at the Mile End Stadium to bounce back after two successive defeats.
Curtis Pond put the hosts in front but Wick managed to level after the break, only for Pond to restore the home sides lead onc again, but Wick fought back to level again however Daniel McCarthy netted the winning goal.
Hackney Wick remain fourth bottom despite a heroic effort.
Fellow Mile End-based club Sporting Bengal United finally got a win under their belts after a miserable run of games as they sealed a 2-0 win against mid-table West Essex.
You may also want to watch:
A goal in each half saw Sporting Bengal United pick up a much needed win at the Mile End Stadium on Saturday.
David Vaughan netted right on half time before Oscar Mendes doubled their lead with fifteen minutes remaining.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
That’s four points from two games now and sees them move up to 12th whilst West Essex are in ninth spot.