Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets hope to sting Basildon United this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Ade Abayomi has brought former player-manager and captain Ajay Ashnike back to the club
Tower Hamlets are preparing to host mid-table Basildon United in the Essex Senior League this weekend looking to produce another shock.
When the two clubs last met on November 1, they shared eight goals each in an entertaining 4-4 draw.
It was a surprise result and Ade Abayomi’s team will be keen to do the same again at Mile End Stadium on Saturday.
The east Londoners can take heart from their performance against league leaders Barking last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the Blues running out 3-1 winners, Abayomi’s team pushed the title favourites all the way at Mayesbrook Park.
Rahim Adama Bamba found the net for Hamlets after James Peagram and Omari Delgado had put Barking 2-0 up.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
Paul Oshin soon settled the game with a third for the hosts, but Abayomi’s team never threw in the towel.
Hamlets were also handed a boost as former player-manager and captain Ajay Ashnike rejoined the club as a player and featured at Barking on Saturday.