Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets hope to sting Basildon United this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Ade Abayomi has brought former player-manager and captain Ajay Ashnike back to the club
Tower Hamlets are preparing to host mid-table Basildon United in the Essex Senior League this weekend looking to produce another shock.
When the two clubs last met on November 1, they shared eight goals each in an entertaining 4-4 draw.
It was a surprise result and Ade Abayomi’s team will be keen to do the same again at Mile End Stadium on Saturday.
The east Londoners can take heart from their performance against league leaders Barking last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the Blues running out 3-1 winners, Abayomi’s team pushed the title favourites all the way at Mayesbrook Park.
Rahim Adama Bamba found the net for Hamlets after James Peagram and Omari Delgado had put Barking 2-0 up.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
Paul Oshin soon settled the game with a third for the hosts, but Abayomi’s team never threw in the towel.
Hamlets were also handed a boost as former player-manager and captain Ajay Ashnike rejoined the club as a player and featured at Barking on Saturday.