Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets nick late winner while Sporting Bengal get thrashed
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets nicked a late winner through an Elias Tackie 81st minute goal against Burnham Ramblers at Mile End Stadium.
Substitute Tackie slotted home after a lay-off by Rowe and sees the hosts in seventh whilst a third
defeat in a row for the visitors without a goal leaves them down in 17th in the Essex Senior League table.
Neighbours Sporting Bengal United fell to yet another defeat as they lost 5-1 to the league leades Basildon United.
A Marcus Bowers hat-trick helped pick up three points and brush aside Imrul Gazi’s men.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Hornsley gave the hosts a seventh minute lead when diverting a terrific cross beyond the keeper, however the visitors levelled midway through the half when sloppy defending allowed the ball to be squared to David Vaughan who slammed home.
But with six minutes of the half left Bowers tapped home from a yard out after an initial header was saved, and
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
then six minutes after the break Bowers headed home from a free kick and just before the hour mark he completed his hat-trick when drilling home a free kick.
Late on in the contest a rather unsavoury incident saw Sporting midfielder Spencer Forte red carded for a punch, but he then struck one of his own teammates and pushed an official and then tried to pick a fight with spectators onway off, he will surely face lengthy ban.
Hornsley managed to net another for the hosts.