Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets set for double Ilford battle over next week
- Credit: Archant
Ilford manager Allan Fenn fully aware Mile End Stadium-based club can be “very good on their day”
Tower Hamlets are braced for two tough tests in the Essex Senior League this week against the same opposition!
Ilford make the trip to the Mile End Stadium tomorrow (Friday) looking to keep up their good form.
Foxes haven’t lost since February 25 while Hamlets are without a win in six games, so can expect a tough test.
After hosting Ilford, Ade Abayomi’s team will then visit Cricklefield Stadium next Wednesday (March 22).
You may also want to watch:
It is a bizarre fixture scheduling, although not the first time Hamlets have faced the same side back-to-back.
Last month they beat Burnham Ramblers 4-1 before losing 3-1 to the same opposition three days later.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
Hamlets will have Ajay Ashnike available after leaving Ilford in February to return to Mile End.
And the Foxes manager Allan Fenn is certain his ex-player will be keen to impress against his old club.
He said: “We will be up against Ajay, who left us recently, and I imagine he will start for them.
“Tower Hamlets can be very good on their day and also very bad, so they are quite an inconsistent side.
“I am confident the boys will be up for the game on Friday night, so we are looking to win and extend our run.”