Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets, Sporting Bengal win
- Credit: Archant
East London neighbours Sporting Bengal and Tower Hamlets were both celebrating after picking up three league points.
Imrul Gazi’s men were buoyed by their 3-1 home win over Enfield on Wednesday, when Codey Cameron netted tiwce and Oscar Mendes converted from the spot, but they left it late to secure their 3-2 win over Waltham Forest.
The match at Wadham Lodge looked like ending all square, until Bengal netted in the fifth minute of injury time and a delighted Gazi tweeted: “Shows how far we’ve come as a squad. This time last year we probably lost that game. Today we win it in the 95th Min #character #grit.”
Meanwhile, Tower Hamlets enjoyed another Friday night success at Mile End Stadium, as they followed up their FA Vase win over Hackney Wick with a 3-1 success over Wadham Lodge.
Mata Julio netted their first goal just before the half-hour mark and Luke With doubled the advantage from the penalty spot before the interval.
You may also want to watch:
And Wale Odedoyin added the third goal on 65 minutes to make sure of the spoils.
Tower Hamlets are due to visit Woodford Town on Tuesday, while Sporting Bengal host Wadham Lodge.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Tower Hamlets: McKnight, Earle, Watson, Bunyat, Anthony, Odedoyin, Julio, With, Rowe, Pond. Subs: Ikenwe, Monteiro, Ross.