Essex Senior League: Wadham Lodge 2 Sporting Bengal 2
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal picked up a point on their travels at Wadham Lodge in their final Essex Senior League outing of the year.
Beaten 1-0 by local rivals Tower Hamlets in their previous fixture at Mile End two weeks earlier, Imrul Gazi’s men saw Ashaan Siddique and Steve Carvell find the target in a 2-2 draw.
And that sees Sporting end 2017 in 13th place with 28 points from 24 matches to date, with a return to action at Sawbridgeworth Town on January 6.
Hamlets, meanwhile, suffered a fourth defeat in six league matches as they went down 2-0 at home to Woodford Town.
The visitors scored both of their goals in the first half as Ricardo Shaw struck the opener and Olajuwon Ogunwamide doubled their advantage.
You may also want to watch:
The home side had chances to hit back in the second half, but Nick Wilson produced some superb saves in the Woodford goal to keep them out and help his side end a run of five successive defeats.
Eighth-placed Hamlets now have a two-week break before hosting Enfield at Mile End on January 6 and Sawbridgeworth two days later.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe