Essex Senior League: Wadham Lodge 2 Tower Hamlets 2
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tower Hamlets had to settle for a share of the spoils with strugglers Wadham Lodge who are desperately hoping to remain in the Essex Senior League.
The hosts twice came from behind to deny the visitors a morale boosting win at Kitchener Road last night.
Hamlets took the lead in the 14th minute when a free kick delivered with height found the head of Luke With and his header deflected into the goal off Wale Odedoyin and into the net.
In the 34th minute Lodge levelled when they headed home a free kick of their own, but right on half time Hamlets restored their lead when another free kick saw Odedoyin head home his second of the game.
The hosts managed to find a leveller and grab a point, a point that sees them just one point behind fourth bottom Forest with a game in hand, whilst Hamlets stay in 11th.
You may also want to watch:
Lodge have two matches left this campaign to try and remain in the Essex Senior League.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt