Extra time exit for Sporting Bengal
- Credit: Archant
FA Vase: Sporting Bengal 1 Sleaford Town 3 (after extra time)
Sporting Bengal saw their FA Vase dreams shattered by Sleaford in extra time at Mile End Stadium.
Anwar Uddin’s men went into the second round tie without a win in their last four matches since beating Southall 6-2 in the previous round.
And they were left chasing the game after Ryan Oliver put United Counties League Sleaford in front, but Tunde Adewunmi hit back from a corner early in the second half to level for the home side and force the extra period.
Bradley Hockin restored Sleaford’s lead, though, after a goalmouth scramble and Oliver made sure of their progress with a clinching third goal.
You may also want to watch:
Uddin tweeted: “There is a fine line between winning & losing, gutted @SportingBengal are now out of the FA Vase after an extra time defeat #MakesUsStronger.”
Sporting Bengal return to Essex Senior League action with a home match against in-form Wadham Lodge on Wednesday.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower