Football: Emdad Rahman appointed chairman of Stepney
- Credit: Archant
Rahman takes over role from Balal Ahmed
Football coach and community volunteer Emdad Rahman has been appointed the new chairman of current Inner London Football League leaders Stepney Football Club.
The move was announced recently and Rahman takes over the role from previous incumbent Balal Ahmed.
This year changes have been made at all levels and Muj Rahman returns as player manager with defender Russell Choudhury assisting him.
Veteran striker Mufi Uddin takes over the captain’s armband while the team are now sponsored by Bethnal Green-based baby shop Tommy’s UK.
You may also want to watch:
Rahman, who has been coaching and managing the youth set up said: “This is a great honour for me and I hope that I can repay the faith shown in me by the team.
“We are a very close knit squad here and our focus is based on serving our community.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
“By using football we can unite and achieve this and aim for success as silverware is something that is in abundance at this club.
“I have very tough acts and high standards to follow, but also have a very strong team to support me and I’m confident we will do a decent job.”