Stepney’s Rahman appointed Bangladesh boss
- Credit: Archant
Emdad Rahman of Stepney FC has been named manager and head coach of Bangladesh in the first-ever Inner London Football League Veterans World Cup.
The multicultural football festival involves 10 teams made up entirely of inner city footballers over the age of 35 will attract huge interest, especially with London being one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Rahman now has a matter of weeks to scout and finalise a squad of 16 in time for the competition.
“Our city is a universal example of diversity and the fact that our differences can be celebrated through football is simply amazing,” Rahman said.
“Of course this is a moment of great pride for me to lead Bangladesh and I’m very grateful for the opportunity.”
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Koys Miah added: “We feel we have made the correct choice in Emdad and look forward to him leading the Bangladesh team in July.”
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact