Former Premier League star is on a Mission
- Credit: photo: Arnaud Stephenson
League Cup winner Muzzy Izzet is putting something back into the game
Former Premier League footballer Muzzy Izzet is an east end boy, born and bred.
And after a magnificent career which saw him win two League Cups with Leicester City and play international football with Turkey he is busy giving something back with coaching classes for youngsters.
The Mile End born footballer, who played for the legendary Senrab Boys Club in Forest Gate as a kid himself, dropped in on Mission Grove Primary School in E17 this week to take the youngsters through their paces.
Muzzy is part of the Proving The Community (PTC) Group which has delivered 33 hours per week covering all PE lessons at Mission Grove, ranging from reception to Year Six and covering a range of sports such as football, gymnastics, dance and boxercise.
You may also want to watch:
The day consisted of the footballer providing coaching sessions from 9am to 12pm and afterwards the youngsters were able to have their photo taken with the Premier League midfielder.
Taskin Hussein the PTC Sports business manager was delighted with the day.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
“It was a great opportunity for us as a company to give back Mission Grove for their assistance, while we have been providing their school assistance with their PE lessons,” he said.
“It was fantastic to have Muzzy Izzet here with us for the day as it gives the school and the children something back.”
PTC is always looking to work with different schools and offer various coaching opportunities such as after school clubs, breakfast clubs and PPA cover.
Any school interested in having the PTC come into their school should contact Taskin on email@example.com.