Futsal: Unlucky Warriors lose on penalties
- Credit: Archant
Warriors Futsal club lost 3-2 on penalties against GY All Stars in the final of The Futsal Tournament at Marina Centre in Great Yarmouth.
Despite missing some experienced members and travelling with only seven players – three of them being new to the team – the Bethnal Green-based team were able to get themselves in to the final through their passion and determination.
They drew 3-3 with Brother FC in their first match with goals from Augusto Beduschi (2) and Diego Ribeiro De Camargo, then beat Norwich Futsal 7-5 as captain Justino Freza hit a hat-trick and Beduschi (2), Fabricio Novais and Mauricio Mendes also struck.
Beduschi struck twice more in a 2-2 draw with GY All Stars, before the two sides met again in the final and shared eight goals.
Freza claimed another treble, with Beduschi maintaining his excellent form with another goal, but Warriors lost 3-2 in a shoot-out.
You may also want to watch:
There was some consolation for Warriors as Beduschi finished as top scorer with eight goals.
And captain Justin Freza said: “I feel very happy to be part of the team, against all the odds we did not lose a game and played with passion.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 10 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
“I have been playing futsal for a while but I’ve only seen that kind of passion in players a couple of times. I just want to say thanks to the whole team and the coaches on the side line.”
Head coach Maikel De Quadros added: “Big thanks to all players, fans, supporters and partners. The team will continue to work hard for the next tournament in February, The FA People’s Cup.”
New Players are always welcomed, but must be over 16 for the adult team or five to 14 years old for the academy side.
Anyone interested can contact Maikel on 07563 377499.