Futsal: Unlucky Warriors lose on penalties
- Credit: Archant
Warriors Futsal club lost 3-2 on penalties against GY All Stars in the final of The Futsal Tournament at Marina Centre in Great Yarmouth.
Despite missing some experienced members and travelling with only seven players – three of them being new to the team – the Bethnal Green-based team were able to get themselves in to the final through their passion and determination.
They drew 3-3 with Brother FC in their first match with goals from Augusto Beduschi (2) and Diego Ribeiro De Camargo, then beat Norwich Futsal 7-5 as captain Justino Freza hit a hat-trick and Beduschi (2), Fabricio Novais and Mauricio Mendes also struck.
Beduschi struck twice more in a 2-2 draw with GY All Stars, before the two sides met again in the final and shared eight goals.
Freza claimed another treble, with Beduschi maintaining his excellent form with another goal, but Warriors lost 3-2 in a shoot-out.
You may also want to watch:
There was some consolation for Warriors as Beduschi finished as top scorer with eight goals.
And captain Justin Freza said: “I feel very happy to be part of the team, against all the odds we did not lose a game and played with passion.
- 1 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 2 One Year of Covid: Your tributes to those from east London who have died
- 3 Arrests as police step up drugs raids
- 4 Women's triumphs feature in online photo exhibition set up by east London snappers
- 5 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 'War of words' at Tower Hamlets cabinet meeting stops library closures
- 7 East Ham man raped woman with his friend in Wapping park 23 years ago
- 8 Illegal rave raided by police at disused railway arch in Bow
- 9 Stepney Green hero volunteering seven days a week since pandemic began
- 10 Why Tower Hamlets should be a 'royal' borough after Covid
“I have been playing futsal for a while but I’ve only seen that kind of passion in players a couple of times. I just want to say thanks to the whole team and the coaches on the side line.”
Head coach Maikel De Quadros added: “Big thanks to all players, fans, supporters and partners. The team will continue to work hard for the next tournament in February, The FA People’s Cup.”
New Players are always welcomed, but must be over 16 for the adult team or five to 14 years old for the academy side.
Anyone interested can contact Maikel on 07563 377499.