Golapganj on the up after second straight win
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Muhammad Musa and Rafique Uddin help defeat Chattak
Golapganj picked up a morale boosting win over rivals Chattak at Stepney Green as they came from a goal down in a 2-1 victory.
Chattak took the lead through Hasnath Miah as Golapganj struggled with the pace of their counterparts in the first half.
But it was the introduction of Tharik Hussain and Mohsin Ahmed at half time which helped turn the game in their favour.
The pair played an instrumental part in two quick-fire goals from Muhammad Musa and Rafique Uddin.
You may also want to watch:
On the victory, Golapganj manager Mohammed Zakaria said: “Our spirit is strong and the boys played with great pride.
“To come back from a goal down and beat a well drilled Chattak team gives us a welcome confidence boost.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
“There’s lots to work on and we will keep plugging away to ensure we give a good account of ourselves in the Greater Sylhet Cup this weekend.”