Hackney & Leyton League: Clapton Rangers capture Jack Walpole Cup
Cosmopolitan suffered their second cup final defeat in consecutive weeks on Friday after Clapton Rangers retained the Jack Walpole Cup with a 4-0 win
Cosmopolitan suffered their second cup final defeat in consecutive weeks on Friday after Clapton Rangers retained the Jack Walpole Cup with a 4-0 win.
Jonathan Mulonso opened the scoring seven minutes in from a long-range free-kick, while Joe Seabrook doubled Clapton's advantage after 20 minutes.
Ashley Taylor-Forbes added a third after 60 minutes, before Maxim Urbanus made it four.
In the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division, Black Meteors beat Red Devils 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Edward O-Ansah struck twice, while Ovincey Dunso also scored, with Kay Jones and Zeek Watson replying for Devils.
Clapton Rangers came from a goal behind to beat Albion Manor 4-1.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Tony Walker scored for Albion in the first half, before Johnnie Offei, Joe Seabrook, Brian Okwera and Maxim Urbanas to move up to third.
Bancroft United climbed up the table after two wins against Three Compasses, with the first an amazing 6-4 triumph.
Vincent Williams hit a treble, while Michael Williams, Ashley Diamond and Justin Weatherman also scored, while doubles from Patrick Fitzpatrick and Rheaz Ortanez were only consolations for Compasses.
In their second encounter United won 6-0, thanks to four goals from Justin Weatherman and singles from both Benja Odusina and Jack Hems.
Cosmopolitan kept their promotion dram alive in Division Two after goals from Dominic St Hill and Richard St Clair helped them to a 2-1 win over Midfield, for whom Neil Galeghar was on target.
Tottenham Phoenix beat Lockers 4-3 despite a Cass Weaver hat-trick. Jerome Anglin (2), Christian Smith and Brian Brown scored for Phoenix.
In Division Four, Comet came back from two goals down to snatch a point against Bow Young Prince.
Strikes from John Cutts and Mark Leelpen had put Prince two goals to the good, before goals from Jack Masters and S Deering levelled the scores.
Last Sunday saw the last games to be played at the East Marsh after 60 years of football as part of Olympic regeneration.
A new foot bridge over the area means the changing rooms must be flattened, although football should return to the marsh in 2011.
The Hackney Gazette Cup final sees Bancroft United take on Comet this Friday at Leyton FC, Kick-off is at 7.30pm.