Hackney Wick 1 Sporting Bengal United 2: Late Freddy Tandon winner sees Bengal beat Wick in Errington League Challenge Cup
- Credit: Archant
Errington League Challenge Cup quarter-final: Hackney Wick 1 Sporting Bengal United 2
A late winner from skipper Freddy Tandoh saw Sporting Bengal United win 2-1 at Hackney Wick in the quarter-finals of the Errington League Challenge Cup.
Both teams had a nervous wait for the match, with the pitch at the Old Spotted Dog passing an inspection in the hours before kick-off.
The first half proved to be a nervy affair, with the sides ending it level at 1-1, with Siddik scoring in the 30th minute for Bengal.
The second half was just as close and as the minutes ticked by, the game appeared to be heading for penalties.
You may also want to watch:
However, with just a minute remaining in the match, Tandon found the net to put United ahead.
The visitors held on to triumph and secure their place in the final four of the competition.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Sporting’s reward for beating Hackney is a trip to Sawbridgeworth Town in the semi-finals of the Errington League Challenge Cup.