Hamlets blunted by Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets 0 Takeley 0
Tower Hamlets picked up a point in the Essex Senior League last night (Wednesday) after failing to break down Takeley at the Mile End Stadium.
Kick-off had to be delayed after the visitors arrived late to the game following traffic, believed to be because of the Docklands Light Railway strike.
The game eventually kicked-off at 8.10pm and judging the form of the two sides, goals were hardly expected.
Takeley had managed to score just twice in their last five league matches while Ade Abayomi’s youngsters had only found the net five times in their past five matches in the division.
You may also want to watch:
And therefore it came as no surprise when both teams entered the half time interval with the fixture still goalless.
The 33 in attendance were hoping to see the net bulge in the second period, but once again the two sides cancelled each other out and were left to reflect on a stalemate.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Hamlets point takes them above Eton Manor on goal difference and up to 15th in the standings with 13 points from their first 14 games of the campaign.
On Saturday they make the trip to Hargrave Park to face Stansted, who lost 2-1 to Greenhouse Sports last night.
It has also been announced that Hamlets have moved their league fixture with Clapton forward by 24 hours due to Sporting Bengal United’s involved in the FA Vase.
Bengal will play at the Mile End Stadium on November 21 so Abayomi’s men will entertain the Tons on Friday November 20.
That fixture at Mile End will kick-off at 7.45pm.