Hammers set sights on keeper Basso
WEST HAM are set to add Adriano Basso to their first-team squad as back-up to goalkeeper Rob Green. The 34-year-old Brazilian started his career at non-league Woking, before joining Championship side Bristol City in 2005. Basso has made 178 appearances fo
WEST HAM are set to add Adriano Basso to their first-team squad as back-up to goalkeeper Rob Green.
The 34-year-old Brazilian started his career at non-league Woking, before joining Championship side Bristol City in 2005.
Basso has made 178 appearances for the Robins, 45 of them last season, but with the arrival of Dean Gerken from Colchester at Ashton Gate this summer, Basso is said to be unhappy at the prospect of being number two.
The Hammers thought they had secured the signing of Southampton goalkeeper Kelvin Davis last month, only for the deal to fall through when new owners took over at St Mary's, so Basso seems to be the best alternative.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Walker was released at the end of last season, while Marek Stech and Peter Kurucz are both considered too inexperienced to come into a Premier League game if Green was to get injured.
Basso has been offered a new deal at Ashton Gate, but he looks set to take up West Ham on their offer when it arrives.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council