Hammers thrown to the Wolves for starters
IT s a trip to newly promoted Wolverhampton Wanderers for West Ham for openers to the new Premier League season on August 15. Mick McCarthy s Champ-ionship title-winners of last season await Gianfranco Zola s men at Molineux in the first game of the new c
IT's a trip to newly promoted Wolverhampton Wanderers for West Ham for openers to the new Premier League season on August 15.
Mick McCarthy's Champ-ionship title-winners of last season await Gianfranco Zola's men at Molineux in the first game of the new campaign and Wolves will be eager to show that they can cut it as a Premier side from the first match.
It's doubtful that the Hammers would have wanted one of the newly promoted trio in their opening fixture.
There's more Midland opposition for the Hammers in their first home game, Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa are first visitors to the Boleyn the following Tuesday, August 18.
You may also want to watch:
A big derby clash with neighbours Tottenham follows on Saturday, August 22 before the month ends with a trip to Blackburn, one of eight the Hammers will have to make to the north-west this season.
A home game with Liverpool in mid-September - on September 19 - is the first clash with any of the top four for Zola's side, while there's a trip to moneybags Manchester City to close the month.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
West Ham host Portsmouth on Boxing Day and finish the campaign at Manchester City's Eastlands on May 9.