Huth charged for striking West Ham's Matt Upson
Stoke City defender Robert Huth has been charged by the FA for violent misconduct after he seemingly hit out at Matt Upson last Saturday
Stoke City defender Robert Huth has been charged by the FA for violent misconduct after he seemingly hit out at Matt Upson last Saturday.
The German seemed to strike the former Arsenal manin the Stoke area as the players waited for a free kick.
Upson left the field with blood pouring from his face and although none of the officials saw the incident the FA have decided to act.
The 30-year-old needed stitches near his right eye after the event and Huth's actions could lead to a fine and a three game ban.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Gianfranco Zola was furious after the match and felt the former Chelsea man should have seen red.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel