Inner London Football League World Cup draw announced
- Credit: Archant
Inner London Football League officials Koys Miah, Rashid Ali and Nanu Miah have conducted the draw for the 2018 veterans World Cup.
England will face Algeria, Morocco and South Africa, while Jamaica, Colombia, Brazil and Bangladesh are grouped together.
The group stage will see each team face each other in a league format with the top two proceeding through to the semi finals.
The last four ties and final will also be played on the same day and also in attendance at the draw were Mamun Uddin, Sisa Mbekeni, Noor Huq, Javier Riveria, Emdad Rahman, who are managing the England, South Africa, Brazil, Colombia and Bangladesh teams.
ILFL chairman Miah said: “There are some quality teams participating and we are all expecting some mouthwatering football on what is guaranteed to be a historic day of celebration.”
You may also want to watch:
It takes place on Sunday (July 8) from 10am.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week