Irons chase Italian striker Floccari
West Ham are poised to launch a club record move for Italian forward Sergio Floccari
West Ham are poised to launch a club record move for Italian forward Sergio Floccari after Atalanta confirmed they will listen to offers for the talented playmaker at the end of the season.
The Hammers, who signed teenager Savio Nsereko for a potential �9m record fee in January, are desperate to add to their striking options with David Di Michele and Diego Tristan both set to leave Upton Park in the summer.
Now boss Gianfranco Zola is ready to break the transfer record for a second time after technical director Gianluca Nani identified Floccari as the club's No 1 target.
The 27-year-old forward has scored 12 goals in 27 games for Atalanta this season, attracting interest from across Europe.
You may also want to watch:
But West Ham are confident they will be able to land Floccari at a knockdown price after opening negotiations in the hope of striking an early deal.
Atalanta appear resigned to losing their prize asset after sporting director Carlo Osti this week admitted: "Sergio has now reached his full potential as a footballer in this league.
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
"We have an agreement with the player that he will be sold at the end of the season.