Irons downplay Parker fears
West Ham have moved to downplay fears that Scott Parker will require an operation on the groin injury that has kept him out of action for the past three weeks
West Ham have moved to downplay fears that Scott Parker will require an operation on the groin injury that has kept him out of action for the past three weeks.
Midfielder Parker missed the club's 1-1 draw at Aston Villa last weekend and his fitness remains in doubt ahead of Saturday's home clash against former club Chelsea.
The 28-year-old not been expected to miss significant time after suffering the injury against Blackburn last month, but now looks set to miss a fourth successive Premier League encounter.
And Hammers manager Gianfranco Zola has revealed there is no timeframe on a possible return for the former England international, although he insists Parker will not require an operation to resolve the problem.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "To be honest I don't know how long [he will be out for]. Parker's situation is strange - it's an inflammation, so it can go away in a few days or it could be longer.
"He is improving a lot but still he is not ready. I don't think he needs an operation - as far as I know he doesn't need one."
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Defender James Collins is also unlikely to be available for the match at Upton Park, which is dedicated to raising money and awareness for the Richard House Children's Hospice in Docklands.