Lamakhazi FC lift Sonali Othith Community Cup
- Credit: Archant
Greater Lamakhazi FC have been crowned the 2019 Sonali Othith Community Cup champions after beating Emdad Rahman’s Bancroft FC 1-0 in the final with a goal from Alanoor Chowdhury.
Both teams navigated competitive fixtures to reach the final at Millwall Park which was refereed by repon Chowdhury.
Winning manager Abdul Khaher said: "I'm proud at how we went unbeaten throughout the day to lift the trophy against the holders.
"The boys were committed and played for each other against a superb Bancroft side. Well done to all players, supporters and the organisers for a really good event."
Bancroft FC player and club chairman Khairul Alam added: "It's disappointing to lose such a close final. Well done to our team and congratulations to Lamakhazi. Thank you Sonali Othith for organising a great day."
You may also want to watch:
Presentations were made by various dignitaries including local Councillor Faruque Ahmed.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel