Liverpool v West Ham United preview
West Ham head to Anfield on Monday mlooking for the three points which will more than likely keep them in the Premier League
LIVERPOOL have had a horrible season by their high standards.
Eliminated from the Champions League at the group stage and struggling to finish fourth in the Premier League the pressure will be firmly on England's most successful club this Monday and they know a win is essential.
Star striker Fernando Torres is a doubt for the game through injury while their other talisman Steven Gerrard has struggled for form all season.
You may also want to watch:
Apart from the England international, former Hammer Yossi Benayoun is their other creative midfielder and his performance will be key to Liverpool's success on Monday night.
Dirk Kuyt is the club's unsung hero and will likely lead the line if Torres is forced to miss the match.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
DESPITE continuous support from the Anfield faithful there is a huge amount of pressure on Rafa Benitez (above) to win on Monday and help the club to fourth.
The Spaniard has brought the European Cup to Anfield and has pleaded for more investment in the summer.
There has been speculation about his future at the club, but his dismissal would only heap more negativity for the patrons on unpopular American co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillette.
Liverpool home: WWWWD.
West Ham away: LLLLD.
Liverpool overall: WLDWD.
West Ham overall: LLLDW.
LIVERPOOL were 3-2 victors over West Ham at Upton park in September when a Torres strike won the game for the Reds.
The Spaniard had given Liverpool a 20th minute lead, before Alessandro Diamanti pulled the Hammers level.
Kuyt gave Liverpool the lead once again. Carlton Cole equalised on the stroke of half-time, before Torres struck after 75 minutes.
West Ham fought out a goalless draw at Anfield last season but were beaten 3-0 at Upton Park.