O’s all set to kick off friendly campaign at Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
Trialist Danny Stevens could be set for run-out
Leyton Orient commence their pre-season friendly programme when they visit Chelmsford City tonight.
O’s boss Russell Slade could be tempted to take a look at former Torquay winger Danny Stevens, who has been training with the club.
The 26-year-old, who left the Gulls after making more than 200 appearances for the club, is currently a free agent and will hope to be handed a chance to impress tonight.
Chelmsford reached the Conference South play-off semi-finals last season and are managed by former Aldershot boss and Wimbledon striker Dean Holdsworth, who succeeded Glenn Pennyfather this summer.
You may also want to watch:
Former Orient defender Justin Miller, who made over 150 outings for the visitors between 2003 and 2007, is likely to feature for the home side.
The game at the Melbourne Stadium kicks off at 7.45pm and will be the first of two for the O’s this week, with the squad heading to last season’s Conference South winners Welling on Friday evening (kick-off 7.30pm).
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
And Orient boss Russell Slade believes his side’s preparations for the new campaign are well on track.
He said: “I think we’re in good shape and looking forward to the start of the season.
“I feel that we’re building a talented little group.”
Meanwhile, former O’s striker Charlie MacDonald, who was released at the end of last season following a short-term contract, has signed for Oldham Athletic.