Old George cup hopes extinguished
Club '93 became the first team through to the semi-finals of the Hackney Gazette Cup after ending the surprise challenge of Old George II
Club '93 became the first team through to the semi-finals of the Hackney Gazette Cup after a predictable 6-2 victory ended the surprise challenge of Old George II, the lowest ranked side left in the competition.
The Bethnal Green club, who currently remain in the lower reaches of Division Four - the league's bottom tier - produced a plucky performance but were unable to prevent Club '93 from booking a place in the last four as Leon Dennison hit a hat-trick.
Marvin Patterson added a double for the London Fields side while Carlo Fowler and Malaki Smith were also on target, with John Granger and Uli Izzet netted Old George's replies.
St Georges also reached a semi-final after advancing to the last four of the Albert Daniels Senior Cup following a surprise 1-0 win over in-form Bancroft United. Lee Brown got the winner in the second-half with an accurate lob.
You may also want to watch:
Premier Division leaders Lapton show no sign of slipping up in the final weeks of the campaign as the reigning champions maintained their bid for a third straight title.
Dean Robinson scored two penalties in the club's crushing 6-0 defeat of Eureka, while Nasir Jones, top scorer Ibby Ranks, Maurice Byfield and player-boss Ade Wale also hit the target.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Two late goals from Marlon Campbell and Jonathan Mulonso kept up Clapton Rangers' challenge with a 2-0 win over third-placed Black Meteors, while bottom club Three Compasses collected a thumping 5-0 win over struggling Red Devils.
Division One Leaders Real Romania edged a 3-2 win against improving FC Metwin, while title rivals Army and Navy also survived a tough tussle to record a 2-1 victory over under-achievers Lancresse Rangers.
In Division Two, leaders Delta got back to winning ways following a couple of shock reversals with a comfortable 2-0 victory over Leyton Trades thanks to a Martin Hawkes double.
Wenlock Arms climbed to second in Division Three after Harry Turner's equaliser secured a 1-1 draw with Lammas, while Luke Ramsey scored four goals as Division Four leaders AC Islington cruised to a 6-1 win over Ravenscroft.