Powerleague Docklands and Ladies Super Liga help raise money for Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
Women’s five-a-side football tournament proves to be a huge success at Isle of Dogs venue
Powerleague Docklands and Ladies Super Liga worked together recently to deliver an amazing five-a-side women’s football tournament on Friday November 18 to raise money for Children in Need.
The females dominated the Isle of Dogs venue last month and raised an amazing £500 for Children in Need. 20 teams took part in the tournament, which demonstrated women’s football is continuing to develop and grow.
New London One FC won the event with Hakuna Juan Mata finishing runners-up after a fantastic evening of competition action.
Other teams to take part included Lets Get Messi, Murder on Zidanes floor, Expected Tolouse, Gold Diggers Legends and many more.
You may also want to watch:
Powerleague Docklands and Ladies Super Liga will continue join forces and work together to run ongoing tournaments and five-a-side leagues at the Isle of Dogs base so would encourage all individuals or teams, no matter their level or experience, to contact either Powerleague or Ladies Super Liga.
All teams from the tournament commented on the success of the evening. Ladies Super Liga welcome all levels of females to get involved in football and guide players on what routes they can take either through the London FA or whether they are looking to join an 11-a-side squad in the Greater London Women’s League.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Richard Webster, club manager at Powerleague Docklands, said: “We would once again like to thank every player that took the time to travel and participate in our Children in Need event.
“Also much appreciation for the hard work Ladies Super Liga’s Stacy Cruse put in working with the foundation set up by herself to raise awareness of the event.
“I would like to say a big thank you to all of our staff that worked on the night, especially Lauren Sawyer who prepared and sold most of the food on the night in addition to decorating our party room!
“Overall the evening was a success and a pleasure to manage - raising £500 in the process! I look forward to planning more women’s tournaments and charity events in future at Powerleague Docklands.”
For more information please contact Richard at Powerleague Docklands on 0207-537-6310 or Stacey Ladies Super Liga on 07715-452-446.