Primary schools have the chance to bag free football kit and equipment
- Credit: Archant
Free football kit and equipment is being made available to primary schools across England and Wales, as the Premier League Primary Stars Kit and Equipment Scheme opens for applications on Monday, February 19.
The Premier League Primary Stars programme is a national curriculum-linked education initiative, designed to inspire children to learn, engage and be active.
Using the appeal of the Premier League and professional football clubs, the programme provides ways for teachers to inspire girls and boys aged 5-11 in the classroom, the playground and on the sports field.
The Premier League Primary Stars Kit and Equipment scheme offers primary schools the opportunity to apply for free resources which can be used for active classroom sessions and PE lessons.
The scheme is run in partnership with Nike and delivered by the Football Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Perchard, Head of Community at the Premier League, said: “The Premier League Primary Stars kit and equipment scheme gives us the opportunity to provide free resources to primary schools taking part in the programme.
“The kit and equipment includes footballs, floor spots and giant dice to help with active lessons.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
“We are offering primary schools the opportunity to apply for free kit and equipment.
“We hope this year’s process will be as successful as last year and that it will encourage teachers who have not yet signed up to the programme to get involved with Premier League Primary Stars.”
This year’s application window will run from Monday, February 19 to Friday, April 6.
Successful applicants will receive their kit/equipment from September 2018.
Schools should visit https://plprimarystars.com/kit-scheme for details of how to apply for the kit and equipment – and how to access the other exciting Premier League Primary Stars resources that are available to them.