Sporting Bengal seal win over Redbridge
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Redbridge 1 Sporting Bengal United 2
Sporting Bengal United came from behind to seal a 2-1 victory and net all three points against local rivals Redbridge.
Goals from Steven Carvell and Jason Ngandu cancelled out the opening goal from Motormen midfielder Bryan Kyungu at the Oakside Stadium.
Brian Kyunga put The Motormen ahead in just the fifth minute but Steve Carvell then netted a leveller twelve minutes later before Jason Ngandu netted what proved to be the winner just past the half hour mark.
Bengal moved into sixth whilst hosts Redbridge slip to fourth bottom in the Essex Senior League.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Imrul Gazi tweeted after the match: “My toes are still defrosting, well done to both sets of players for putting on a good game in horrible conditions. “So pleased to come away with 3 points. Pleased for my Sporting Bengal lads - had to grind it out.
!All the best Redbridge for the rest of the season.”
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin