Tower Hamlets cruise past Redbridge
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Essex Senior League: Redbridge 1 Tower Hamlets 4
Tower Hamlets sealed a comfortable 4-1 victory over local rivals Redbridge to put them 15 points above basement club Leyton Athletic.
A brace from Luca O’Neil and solo efforts from Ryan Atkinson and Yoan Edoukou sealed the three points for Hamlets at The Oakside Stadium.
O’Neil opened the scoring in the 25th minute of the match and only five minutes later Atkinson found the back of the net from the spot to double his side’s lead.
O’Neil then grabbed his second goal of the match in the 35th minute to make it 3-0 to the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
A minute later Motormen attacker Daniel Gilchrist clawed one back to give them a life line.
In the 64th minute Edoukou drilled a left-footed strike into the bottom right corner to end Redbridge’s hopes of a fight back and seal a 4-1 win.
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Manager Micky Wetherall tweeted: “Well today was horrific, worst performance I’ve seen and the players of Redbridge owe the fans a performance.
“Simply not good enough.”
Tower Hamlets will now head to Sawbridgeworth Town as they look to make it back-to-back wins in the Essex Senior League.
Redbridge will look to bounce back when they host strugglers Leyton Athletic this weekend.