Robert Green positive over England future
Robert Green is confident that his form for West Ham should be enough to convince Fabio Capello that he is England's best goalkeeper
Robert Green is confident that his form for West Ham should be enough to convince Fabio Capello that he is England's best goalkeeper.
The Hammers No1 is expected to start in goal for England when they take on Slovenia on Saturday in what is expected to be a dress rehearsal for their crucial World Cup qualifier against Croatia next Wednesday.
The 29-year-old will vie for a starting spot with Ben Foster and Paul Robinson, but after England's goalkeeping coach Ray Clemence watched him keep a clean sheet against Blackburn last weekend, it seems Green is the man in pole position to start the match.
"It's the same as everyone else who is playing at the moment," said Green.
You may also want to watch:
"The manager has said he is taking it on the club form, who's playing well and who is training well.
"As I always say with things like this, there is stuff you can control, and stuff you can't control, and the thing I can control is how I play for West Ham."
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
With his defensive cohorts protecting him well Green was largely a bystander against Blackburn, but he rejected suggestions that he might have impressed more had he been kept busy.
"Realistically, you take it as you see it - a clean sheet is fine for me. If you go into every game and keep a clean sheet then you are a pretty good keeper.