Sporting Bengal start new decade with defeat
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Saffron Walden Town 3 Sporting Bengal United 0
Sporting Bengal United suffered a 3-0 defeat upon their return to action away to league leaders Saffron Walden Town.
Goals from Craig Calver, Gavin ockman and George Frodsham sealed the three points for the Bloods to move them back to the top of the Essex Senior League at Catons Lane.
Walden got their noses in front midway through the first half through Craig Calver and it was two for the Bloods when Gavin Cockman netted eight minutes into the second-half.
The hosts then sealed the points with eight minutes to go when George Frodsham scored.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Maher's Bloods now have a three-point cushion at the top of the table while Sporting Bengal remains in 14th.
Bengal will now get prepared for their home fixture against strugglers Enfield on Saturday.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Imrul Gazi's men will be hoping to get a win to push them away from the basement teams including opponents Enfield.