Bengal fall short at Sawbridgeworth Town
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Sawbridgeworth Town 2 Sporting Bengal United 1
Sporting Bengal United continued to struggle away at Sawbridgeworth Town as they fell to a 2-1 defeat.
A Joe Wright brace handed The Robins despite a consolation goal from Charles Gregory all three points at Crofters Lane.
Wright put the hosts ahead after just two minutes but then saw Charles Gregory level for the visitors from the spot after twenty minutes.
But Wright struck what proved to be the winner ten minutes before half time to make sure his side took all the spoils in this one.
You may also want to watch:
Eighth-place Bengal travel away to The Harlow Arena to face Enfield on Tuesday evening as they look to bounce back to winning ways.
They will then also travel away to Hoddesdon Town on Saturday afternoon.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel