School Sport: Tower Hamlets girls take ParaGames gold
- Credit: Archant
Team shares win with four other boroughs after football tournament
Tower Hamlets secondary school girls team finished as joint gold-medallists with four other boroughs after rain stopped play at the London Youth Games ParaGames football competition.
The borough, represented by St Pauls Way, Central Foundation and George Greens, had made it to the semi-finals of the tournament along with Bromley and Ealing while Wandsworth and Hammersmith & Fulham were still contesting their quarter-final when the heavens opened.
After the weather subsided, a pitch inspection was conducted and it was decided that conditiions were too dangerous underfoot for any further matches to be played.
The Tower Hamlets manager, Ollie Moss, said the girls were pleased to return with medals despite not seeing a conclusion to the event.
You may also want to watch:
“Although the day finished quite hastily, it didn’t spoils what had been a great day,” said Moss
“The last memory of the day was legging it under cover. But the pitches were unplayable and the girls are really happy they are getting gold.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning