‘Schoolboy errors’ cost Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
Boss Abayomi disappointed by FA Vase defeat
Tower Hamlets boss Ade Abayomi felt ‘schoolboy errors’ were the reason for his side’s FA Vase exit at Whitton United in the first qualifying round.
Despite the 3-1 loss in Suffolk, Abayomi was pleased with his side’s display saying his young team are still learning.
Abayomi said: “We didn’t play badly at all, it was a good performance and the reason why we lost was because of self-inflicted mistakes in crucial areas.
“They were easily avoidable, but we have a young squad and they’re learning every day.
You may also want to watch:
“The three goals were schoolbos errors. We lost the boy in the middle of the park, not under any pressure, doing things we shouldn’t have been doing, it’s as simple as that.”
Hamlets went into the tie on the back of four games without a win, having gone out of the FA Cup in a replay at Cockfosters in midweek, and Abayomi expressed how his young side needs to learn quickly.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
He added: “I’ve spoken to the boys and told them that we need to become harder to beat.
“We need to keep playing football and hopefully get some momentum and cut out the silly mistakes.
“Me and the chairman sat down after the game and said that it’s a long-term plan for the club to continue to bring in youngsters. They’ve done well so far, but they need to discover how to win games.
“In the FA cup we should have won the first game, we didn’t and were then well beaten in the replay.”
Hamlets return to Essex Senior League action tonight to host newcomers Wadham Lodge and Abayomi is expecting another difficult game.
He added: “It’s going to be another tough game, I’ve heard they have got a good squad which has shown in their results so far.”