Sporting Bengal United continue winning run against West Essex
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: West Essex 1 Sporting Bengal United 4
Sporting Bengal United made it a third consecutive win in the Essex Senior League with a 4-1 victory against West Essex.
Goals from Declan Nche, David Vaughan, Kamarl Duncan and Charles Gregory sealed the three points for the Mile End Stadium club at Mayesbrook Park last night despite an early goal from the hosts.
West Essex opened the scoring as Callum Bloss converted at the second attempt after his spot kick was saved in the 30th minute of the match.
Eleven minutes later Bengal were back on level terms as Nche found the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
On the stroke of half-time Vaughan gave his side a 2-1 lead to take into the break.
Imrul Gazi’s side then picked up where they left off as captain Duncan stretched their lead to 3-1 in the 54th minute.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Gregory then put the icing on the cake as he netted to make it 4-1 in the 89th minute.
Manager Imrul Gazi tweeted after the match: “I’m not gonna lie, it was a pleasure watching my Sporting Bengal lads play ball at times tonight.
“Another good win away from home, after having to make a lot of last minute changes to the line up.
“I love it when players take their opportunity.”