FA Cup: Sporting Bengal 1 Brentwood Town 3
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal United crashed out of the FA Cup with a 3-1 defeat to Brentwood Town in a Preliminary Round replay.
The two sides drew 1-1 in the original tie at the Brentwood Arena and had to meet again at the Mile End Stadium but this time the Bostik North side dispatched of Imrul Gazi’s men with comfort.
Goals from Tobi Joseph, Alfie Hilton and Albert Levett sealed the victory for Craig Shipmen’s team despite a consolation goal from John Watson.
Town opened the scoring through former Hornchurch player Joseph in the 13th minute and with neither side capitalising on their chances it 1-0 at the half-time break.
Bengal levelled the score in the 70th minute when Watson slotted home a penalty after Bobby Redwood was brought down inside the box.
You may also want to watch:
Two minutes later the visitors regained the lead thanks to Alfie Hilton who found the back of the net.
Brentwood then went down to 10-men when Harry Cuthbert picked up his second yellow card of the match.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
But it didn’t affect them as Albert Levett stretched their lead to 3-1 in the 90th minute to seal their progress into the first qualifying round of the competition.