Sporting Bengal face FA Cup replay
- Credit: Archant
FA Cup: Sporting Bengal 0 Ipswich Wanderers 0
Sporting Bengal face a long midweek trip to Suffolk for a replay after their FA Cup extra preliminary round tie with Ipswich Wanderers ended in a goalless stalemate on Sunday.
Imrul Gazi’s men had enough chances in the second half especially to earn a win at Wadham Lodge, but the visitors held firm and the two sides will meet again on Tuesday.
Former boss Anwar Uddin showed his support for his successor on social media, tweeting: “A decent first game as manager for @ImrulGazi today, @SportingBengal dominated but goals win games, hopefully they win the replay #MilesAway.”
It was the first competitive fixture of the season for both clubs, as Sporting had seen several of their Essex Senior League rivals begin their campaigns over the past week, having ended their pre-season with a 3-1 win over Sporting Hackney.
You may also want to watch:
Wanderers, meanwhile, had won one of five pre-season friendlies and were due to start the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division schedule against Hadleigh on Wednesday, but that will now have to be rescheduled as they host Sporting at their Humber Doucy Lane base instead.
The winners of the tie will pocket £1,500 in prize money and earn a home tie in the preliminary round on August 20 against Clapton, who ran out 3-1 winners over London Bari in their tie on Saturday.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Sporting Bengal: Esprit, Adjei, Ahmed, Hussain, Ratambwa, Tandon, Siddik, Rahman, Wright, Rivera, Garcia. Subs: Vaughan, Ahmed, Amadi, Olowe, Ahmed, Brito, Choudhury.