Sporting Bengal fight back to nick late win against Wadham Lodge
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal United came back from two goals down to record another win and move up to second in the Essex Senior League table.
Imrul Gazi’s men managed to comeback thanks to goals from Shiblu Miah, David Taralwai and Choudhury in the last 30 minutes at the Mile End Stadium last night.
The visitors looked odds on to record only their second win of the campaign when they led 2-0 with just over half an hour remaining, but Miah clawed one back for the hosts in the 58th minute.
Bengal kept pushing forward and it was Taralwai who levelled the score with twelve minutes left in the match to give his side a fighting chance after a slow start.
Choudhury then went on and nicked the winner to seal the three points for his side as he struck home a shot in stoppage time for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Sporting Bengal will travel away to face Hullbridge Sports on Tuesday evening.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe