Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal romp to victory while Tower Hamlets get thrashed
- Credit: Archant
Jay Knight netted his second hat-trick in his second game to help guide Sporting Bengal United to a 5-2 victory against Sawbridgeworth Town.
Bengal made it back-to-back wins in the Essex Senior League to climb up to 12th in the table with a Knight hat-trick and goals from captain Kamarl Duncan and Charles Gregory sealing the three points.
Gregory opened the scoring in the 10th minute when he fired a shot into the bottom corner before Duncan doubled the hosts lead as he headed home a Steven Carvell corner.
Then Knight run riot and found the net three times to make it 5-0.
The Robins did however claw two back to make it a more interesting finish at the Mile End Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Imrul Gazi tweeted after the match: “A brilliant 1st half performance from my @SportingBengal lads.
“Really pleased with the result. Lots of positives to take away But still work in progress.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
Neighbours Tower Hamlets didn’t have such good fortunes as they suffered a heavy 6-0 defeat away to St Margaretsbury.