Bengal fall to late winner from Hullbridge
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United 0 Hullbridge Sports 1
Sporting Bengal United are now winless in four games after falling to a 1-0 defeat thanks to a 91st minute winner after going to 10-men.
Sports defender Perry Dunn headed home in added time to seal the three points for Darren Manning’s side and put them just one point behind Essex Senior League leaders Stansted.
After an even first-half they went into the half-time break goalless despite both side’s having their fair share of chances at the Mile End Stadium.
In the 68th minute Bengal were down to 10-men for a late challenge on Sports Matt Rose.
You may also want to watch:
Imrul Gazi’s held firm and whethered the storm until the 91st minute when a long throw in found Perry Dunn who flicked the ball over the top of the Bengal keeper to make it 1-0 and seal the points.
Bengal will face a quick turn around as they welcome leaders Stansted to the Mile End Stadium on Wednesday evening before they travel away to Takeley on Saturday.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt