Sporting Bengal held to a draw by Leyton Athletic
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United 1 Leyton Athletic 1
Sporting Bengal United were pegged back for a 1-1 draw with new-look Leyton Athletic after getting off to a strong start at the Mile End Stadium.
Striker Jay Knight opened the scoring in the 28th minute but his goal was cancelled out by an equaliser from Mario Gjini in the 72nd minute to send both side’s away with a point.
Knight broke the deadlock as he continued his fine form for Bengal when he headed home from a Steven Carvell cross just before the half-hour mark.
Gjini then levelled things up here with 18 minutes to play as his low shot found the corner.
You may also want to watch:
Imrul Gazi’s side will now travel away to Redbridge on Saturday.
Sporting Bengal United: Suleyman, Choudhury, Watson (Gazi 7′), Adeji, Duncan, Greenslade, Hewitt (Haque 64′), Siddik, Knight, Carvell, Vaughan (Coxi-Sebastiao 47′)
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Unused subs: Islam and Tandon.
Leyton Athletic: Walsh, Lye, Rixon, Oluwole (D.Londono 57), Miller, Rider, Tuitt, Djemaili (C.Londono 77), Gjini, Brown, Ledgister (Bryan 62).
Unused subs: Samangwa.