Sporting Bengal looking to continue good form against Basildon
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal United will hope to continue their superb end to the Essex Senior League campaign by causing another upset, but this time against Basildon United.
The east London club are set to host the Bees on Saturday (3pm) in their final match of the season, but it will not be played at their regular Mile End Stadium home and will instead take place at Hargrave Park Stadium in Stansted.
Imrul Gazi’s men will be looking to make it a fifth straight win and finish the campaign strongly by finishing in the top half.
They go into the match on the back of a 2-1 victory against Redbridge thanks to a 74th-minute goal from captain Freddy Tandon, after Bobby Redwood had netted earlier at Oakside.
The win took Imrul Gazi’s men to their highest-ever points tally (49) and moved them up to 10th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Imrul Gazi tweeted: “49 Points, the lads break the club record for the highest points tally in a season.”
Tower Hamlets travel to Wadham Lodge tonight (Thursday) and Burnham on Saturday to end their season.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning